Intervention in public space, railway station Linz
Self adhesive, fluorescent foil
120 cm x 15 cm (3,9 x 0,5 ft)
The intervention refers to the two statues "The Lions" in the main train station of Linz. They were commissioned in 1941 and meant for a bridge in Salzburg. After their removal from Salzburg they were brought to Linz and placed in the station in 1948. The Lions are relics of the NS-regime and have a special place in the hearts of the people of Linz without any marking.
A reflecting message - HERKUNFT IST NICHT IMMER SICHTBAR (Origin is not always visible) - was installed on the base of the sculptures.